Note: If you’d like to tag along my journey of writing the book & learning about how much money I’ll raise to donate to coronavirus relief efforts then click here to sign up.
I’m writing a short book about “Virtual Team Games” and documenting my journey to accomplish three main goals:
First, I want to teach people how to write & publish a book. I hope to encourage anyone who has considered writing a book to finally write one. I hope I can inspire you to use some of your free time while you’re at home to create your book, and I’m going to show you everything I’ll be doing (including how much money I raise).
Second, I want to write a book to help remote teams through virtual team building activities. A big pain point for remote teams today is that they’re feeling isolated. The book I plan to write will give those teams a set of games and activities that will help with their team-building efforts.
Third, I want to donate to COVID-19 relief efforts. The main goal of this exercise is to raise some money and help those who need it during those difficult times. I plan on donating 100% of the profits from the book to one or more COVID-19 relief efforts (for a full month after the book is available for preorder).
If you’d like to learn more about why I’m doing this by reading instead of listing, click here to read my “Part 1” post.
You can also click play to listen.
Here’s a list of resources which are mentioned in the episode:
- Sign-up form to stay updated on my book-writing journey
- Sign-up form if you’re only interested in the “Virtual Team Games” book
- Episode 40: Coronavirus and 3 Thoughts on Writing
- The Couch Manager blog
- Influencing Virtual Teams and Don’t Reply All (the books I reference in the episode)
- All my other books
Download the Audio File (MP3)
Right-click on this link and select “Save Link As…” to download this episode to your computer
Thanks for Listening!
To help out the show:
- Please subscribe on any of the following platforms: [Apple Podcasts] [Google Play] [Stitcher] [Spotify] [Overcast]
- Kindly leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts (your rating really helps and I read every review)
New to Podcasts? Click here to learn more about how to listen.