Tara Powers is the CEO of Powers Resource Center and the author of “Virtual Teams for Dummies.”
She’s a talent development professional and sought-after speaker who has worked with over 200 companies and more than 15,000 leaders on award-winning leadership programs.
I first connected with Tara a few years ago when she reached out asking if I would consider being the technical editor of her book (and I gladly accepted).
So I worked closely with her on the content of her book, and I genuinely think it’s one of the best books out there about working with virtual teams.
What I didn’t know before we talked was that Tara never really intended on writing a book, and that Wiley (the publisher of the “For Dummies” series of books), reached out to her after seeing her quality content on LinkedIn and other platforms.
If you’re thinking about writing a book, click play above to listen to my interview with Tara, where she shares the story of how she wrote her book, some lessons-learned about working with a traditional publisher, and three great tips about how to write your own book on the side.
Here’s a list of resources which are mentioned in the episode:
- Virtual Teams for Dummies on Amazon
- Powers Resource Center (Tara’s main website)
- VirtualTeamSchool.com (free resources about virtual teams)
- Sell Your Book like Wildfire on Amazon
- Influencing Virtual Teams on Amazon
- Tara on LinkedIn
Download the Audio File (MP3)
Right-click on this link and select “Save Link As…” to download this episode to your computer
Thanks for Listening!
To help out the show:
- Please subscribe on any of the following platforms: [Apple Podcasts] [Google Play] [Stitcher] [Spotify] [Overcast]
- Kindly leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts (your rating really helps and I read every review)
New to Podcasts? Click here to learn more about how to listen.